- Design Operations
In several of my leadership roles I was the first leader to build out the design practice. That led me to really dig deep into my Design Operations skillset and expand it as I navigated various complex ecosystems and helped establish an adopted set of best practices for the team. I’ve had the opportunity to lead both Design and Ops, as well as hire a lean team of Design Ops Program Managers under my leadership, which has varied depending on how lean the teams have been. I’ve led short-term and long-term projects, owned whole product portfolios to more complex enterprise ecosystems that totaled 300+ digital products.
A few key Design Ops accomplishments under my belt include:
• Leading the strategy, budget and hiring and onboarding process to grow design teams from zero to 20+.
• Led and stood up 3+ Design Systems that helped scale design consistency, improved accessibility best practices and both design and engineering velocity.
• Established and managed the adoption of a new Design Process workflow that resulted in the design team to improve their delivery velocity by 25% compared YoY with the same sized team.
• Improved Design team satisfaction from a 2.8 to 4.8 in 6 month’s time. This also helped reduce the team’s regretted attrition numbers from the previous 60% to just 5%.
• Implemented a scalable Design Maturity measurement model that team’s were able to adopt and self-serve to identify areas of growth.